Please don't judge me hahaha... but heyy, a little bit of Taylor Swift is always good.. admit it! ;)
Sunday, April 14, 2013
Friday, April 12, 2013
YES, must admit, I'm a big fan!
"Don't make me go ghetto on you"... She's great!
I've always been super lactose intolerant, and now that nobody is forcing me to drink cow milk (*my dad*), I've been drinking almond milk, which is really tasty and doesn't make me feel bad. I few days ago I decided to prepare my own almond milk, which was extremely easy and a great way to be "healthier", which is basically why I decided to prepare it and not buy it already done and packed in a box.
- 1 cup of almonds (I used mine un-peeled but both ways are fine)
- 5 cups of water.
* To make this almond milk you will take one day! So plan ahead and enjoy.
1. Soak the almonds in two cups of water overnight (I did it during 8 hours and it was fine).
2. Take the almonds and blend them with the remaining 3 cups of water (Discard the 2 cups of water used in the beggining).
3. Use a strainer to remove the crunchy pieces and almond-skin from the milk. You can taste it and add more water if you want a softer flavor to it.
* To sweeten the almond milk you can add a spoon of agave, but I would rather sweeten it only if extremely necessary, as the flavor itself is really good.
Also, with the crunchy almond pieces you can prepare a lot of recipes, like cookies, tarts, etc.
And with the almond milk... well you can add it to everything instead of the cow milk. For example to an Oatmeal Recipe With Fruits!
Thursday, April 11, 2013
OMG, no need of an explanation for this one..
It can totally be applied in a lot of situations in one's life.. There's a reason why it won the Best Pop Vocal Album at the Grammys ;)
"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stand a little taller, doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone".. I can listen to this every morning.
Monday, April 1, 2013
Why does my milkshake not bring the boys to the yard?... I actually think they are lactose intolerant, and I do get them...like since January I've been drinking only almond milk, so it is all about changing one ingredient of the milkshake and hopefully they will all come to the yard. lol.
I hope you like it as much as I do!
I hope you like it as much as I do!
Sunday, March 31, 2013
Is it weird if there are certain days/weeks (mostly weeks) per year in which I get super feminist? omg, crazy-revolutionary MC!
Well... I do.. and it happens because we all need that girl power to cope with what life brings us sometimes, and yeah even if there are times in which we don't feel that much support, there's nothing to worry about! I mean, come on, there's a reason why songs exist...duhh??!
Anyway, just turn your computer on (I'm guessing it is already on), go to youtube and look for plenty of stuff that will make you happy and see that you can go ahead with life and be successful, there's no need for a guy or for toxic people to be by your side.
This is a message that you can get just by observing what you've achieved in life, but I know we all sometimes forget about it and need a little reminder.
Last, but not least, I LOVE this Shania Twain's song, and I love how she is and I love to see the girls singing the song in the concert hahaha!
So I'm pretty sure a lot of people can relate to this song just like I do, so watch out different-nationalities guys because it is not that easy as you think... anyway, I don't want to name anyone specifically, at least not in the post haha.
Sunday, March 24, 2013
There's a point in life when some of us wake up and realize that some of the decisions that we've made in life have been really bad. We realize that there's much more in life than a peanut butter cup, melted chocolate, a strip of bacon, a cheeseburger, french fries, or even frozen yogurt (I'm still thinking about this one, lol).
We either want to stop "hurting" ourselves and be healthier, or we want to loose weight, or enjoy other food that we are not used to, or some of the above, or all of the above. The point is, that I've been trying for a while now to have a healthy breakfast that can keep me full for a good amount of time, and eating just fruit has always been a bad idea for me because I end up eating a lot of granola bars and chocolates before lunch.
I have to admit that I have a really sweet tooth, specially in a city where I am new and most of the candies look like if they were specially done for me to taste. So I came up with trying this recipe for breakfast, and now I literally love it! It keeps me full for a long time and satisfies my sugar cravings without loosing the healthy aspect (and it also is a really good source of vitamins and fiber).
Plus, this is also a great idea for a healthy snack or dessert in a smaller size :)
- 2 big strawberries
- A handfull of blueberries
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup of oatmeal
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of almond milk (or normal milk, depends on your taste. But if you can do it with the almond milk, then great!)
- 1 tablespoon of agave (or honey, but I recommend agave as a healthier and easier to mix choice)
1. Heat the water (approximately 2 minutes in the microwave), it doesn't have to reach the boiling point. Then add the oatmeal and stir it until the water is absorbed; add the almond milk.
2. Let the bowl cool a little bit and add the agave (in this step you can really sweeten the bowl as much as you want, but try to not go crazy with it haha).
3. Finally add the fruit (strawberries, banana and blueberries) and enjoy!
* I like to use cold fruit, so that it makes a nice balance with the warm/hot oatmeal.