This are healthy pancakes to satisfy your sugar and chocolate cravings! They don't contain any type of flour which is great as you don't want to eat extra carbs or highly processed foods. I mean if you want you can, but for healthy living purpose, you don't.
Recipe general info.: 535 calories the total recipe, makes 2 or 3 servings that can make you full for breakfast. Any variation in the recipe may, of course, affect the calories. (Breadless, flourless, eggless)
- 22 Grams of chocolate protein powder (I used the Garden of Life Raw Chocolate Protein Powder, that's why they have a greenish color)
- 1/2 Cup of old fashioned oats
- Tablespoon of dark chocolate chunks (or chips, but I prefer chunks)
- One banana
- Put the old fashioned oats in a mixer until they get a "flour" texture.
- Blend together your faux oat flour and the chocolate protein powder, then add water so that you can take the mixture on a spoon and it will slowly drop.
- Put half (or a third) of the mixture in a pan and immediately add the chocolate chunks on top.
- Turn the the pancake after 30 seconds of being in contact with the pan and leave it for 20 seconds. (This mixture cooks super fast, so to get a fluffy texture you can't let it there for too much time. But it you leave it on the pan for a longer time, you may get cookies!)
- Serve with a sliced banana on top and eat your healthy treat!
This is a super easy and fast recipe that makes you full because of the protein and fiver content!
Ready to taste some heavenly pancakes?
They may look a little bit different than the ones from iHop or any other food chain, but their nutritional value is also different and in a good way!